Saturday, December 19, 2015

#Blogmas Day 19: Holiday Wishlist: Tarte Cosmetics

In continuing the theme of brand-specific Holiday Wish Lists here on the blog, I thought I'd share a few items from Tarte Cosmetics that have caught my eye. I must admit, I haven't purchased anything from the brand yet, but I've been eyeing their products and packaging for ages! Everything is so gorgeous and I'm very intrigued by the whole "Amazonian Clay" thing. The products claim to be long-wearing, "high-performance naturals" which definitely seem worth trying! Have you tried any Tarte makeup? Leave a comment in the description box if you're loving one of these, or even something not mentioned here!

1  Amazonian Butter Lipstick  First off, I love how each shade has a different pattern on the cardboard packaging. Such a cute touch! While reviews haven't painted this as being very long-wearing or holding up against a traditional lipstick, the sustainable ingredients and balmy texture are certainly a plus!

2  Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation SPF 15  I love a full-coverage foundation, because freckles...you get it. I've swatched this out on my hand and it's so thick and creamy. I got a sample from Sephora but all the shades in the packet were too dark for me, so I'll have to pop into Sephora to have an artist color-match me.

3  Amazonian Clay Waterproof 12-Hour Concealer  I love a cream stick concealer, because I'm really not into finger-blending if I'm honest. But I've always found it gets a little oily/creases a bit on me. But now that I'm exploring the art of "baking" I'd love to give this a try.

4  Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush  This has amazing reviews online, and most people are saying the color payoff is amazing and that it lives up to its 12-hour name! Blush typically just doesn't last on me. So this would be a vast improvement!

5  Tarteist Sculpt & Slim Contour Brush  This brush is the perfect companion to the palette listed as Number 7. The fan brush would be perfect to slim the nose and carve out cheekbones and a killer jawline. And the smaller end would be great for applying highlighter.

6  Tatelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette  I'm quite a fan of shimmer, don't get me wrong. But an entire palette of mattes that includes a few mauves and roses, beiges and browns? Yes, please! This is a palette I can definitely experiment with.

7  Tarteist Contour Palette  Both of these palettes from Tarte are just gorgeous. And this contour palette seems to be working for a lot of my fellow friends-in-paleness. A watch-out for me will be that I tend to run dry and I'm use to contouring with cream products (based on that fact). But I think if I moisturize like hell beforehand, this will work out well. Wish me luck!

0 comments:

Post a Comment